Managing Partner Job Description:
A first of its kind accelerator in the video games, immersive technology and esports industry with a social impact orientation is searching for a rock star Managing Partner.
The Games for Change Accelerator is formed as a partnership between Quake Capital Partners, Games for Change and i(x) investments. The mission of the program is to fund and support social impact games, esports and XR development through funding, mentoring, go-to market planning, on-going business development, and distribution. We are joining forces to harness the potential of social impact in the burgeoning interactive technology industries to drive real-world outcomes.
The new program is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Managing Partner to work in our New York City office as part of the leadership team.This person will report to the Accelerator’s General Partners, and work closely with senior stakeholders from Quake, Games for Change and i(x) investments.
● The Managing Partner will be accountable for the day-to-day operation of the G4C Accelerator, and provide leadership on deal flow,
development of educational and mentoring programs, securing sponsorships, development of strategic partnerships and follow-on funding.
● This role will have a strong external-facing function and be responsible for realizing the full potential of business development opportunities for the Accelerator including industry partnerships that expand the Accelerator’s ecosystem and the games’ potential reach and distribution.
● Develop a robust education program that will support each team’s individual needs, whether in an alpha or beta stage. Strong emphasis on providing access to distribution and marketing partners to accelerate bringing products to marketing B2B and B2C channels.
● Evaluate opportunities with the management team of the general partnership, including assessment of investment risks, analyze financial data, and perform business and investment valuation.
● Analyze cohorts performance and make recommendations for follow-on investments in existing portfolio companies.
● Collaborate with general partners to help source new, high quality investment opportunities that fit the G4CA investment criteria.
● Manage the communication process for due diligence methodology, including writing investment memos and assistance with investment execution.
● Facilitate and manage, alongside general partnership, the full investment life-cycle from sourcing pipeline, due diligence, closing deals, and pre- and post-funding support to follow-on funding.
● Lead support efforts at portfolio companies and advise on various management, strategy and funding issues,
● Facilitate communications with the G4CA Advisory Board to act as strategic resources to portfolio companies, as appropriate.
● Interact with entrepreneurs, advisers, limited partners, other investors, the media, lawyers and others in the gaming, e-sports, XR and immersive technologies ecosystem.
● Versed knowledge of the gaming and XR sectors, especially startups, including products, trends, distribution strategies and sophisticated and thoughtful understanding of the ecosystem.
● Well-developed network and established relationships with developers and researchers with whom the candidate can source and develop deal flow.
● Familiarity with applied research, technology commercialization, business models, entrepreneurship and early-stage venture formation.
● Leadership experience running a startup, accelerator or related product development role.
● Exceptional ability to analyze data effectively, interpret results, and extract data-driven insights.
● Excellent interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence, including strong judgement of character.
● Demonstrated passion for helping entrepreneurial teams succeed.
● Evidence of the candidate’s ability to add value to a startup across company’s evolution, not simply at the time of investment.
● Comfort working independently in a fast-paced startup environment.
● Ability to travel both domestically and internationally to represent Games for Change Accelerator at conferences and events.
● Strategic thinker, creative and efficient problem solver with high energy, positive attitude and strong work ethic.
● Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Games for Change is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability.
How to Apply:
Please send an email with the subject line “G4C Accelerator Managing Partner” to email@example.com. Please send your resume as an attachment (PDF or Word format) and include your cover letter in the body of the email. We look forward to hearing from you.www.g4caccelerator.com
About Quake Capital Partners
Quake is a unique accelerator focused on making seed level investments in new and early stage ventures across a wide range of industries. Working closely with key advisers,and tapping into exclusive relationships developed over the last 30 years, our team boasts unparalleled access to the top players in finance, development, manufacturing, and distribution.
About Games For Change
Since 2004, Games for Change (G4C)has been empowering game creators and innovators to drive real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities and contribute to make the world a better place. We partner with technology and gaming companies like Microsoft, Valve, Dell and Ubisoft, as well as nonprofits, foundations and government agencies to run world class events, public arcades, design challenges and youth programs. G4C supports a global community of game developers working to use games to tackle real-world challenges, from humanitarian conflicts to climate change and education.
About i(x) Investments
i(x) is a permanently capitalized holding company that provides individual and institutional investors an historic opportunity to create economic growth and catalytic social impact. i(x) invests in the pillars of human needs (energy, water, food, technology, communications, education,health, housing, access to capital, and gender parity) in a multi-strategy investment approach throughout the entire capital structure. Our focus is on companies with proven science and technology with the potential for hyper-growth as well as on mispriced assets. We bring value to our investments with not only capital but also our expertise in creating and measuring social impact.