A first of its kind accelerator in the video games, immersive technology and esports industry with a social impact orientation is searching for
a rock star General Manager.
The Games for Change Accelerator is formed as a partnership between Quake Capital Partners, Games for Change and i(x) investments. The mission of the program is to fund and support social impact games, esports and XR development through funding, mentoring, go-to market planning, on-going business development and distribution. We are joining forces to harness the potential of social impact in the burgeoning interactive technology industries to drive real-world outcomes.
The new program is seeking a highly motivated and experienced General Manager to work in our New York City office as part of the leadership team. This person will report to the Accelerator’s President and work closely with the General Partners as well as senior stakeholders from Quake, Games for Change and i(x) investments.
● Manage day to day activities of the Accelerator
● Responsible for (2) direct hires, a Principal and Senior Associate role
● Provide expertise in design and development of games and/or XR experiences
across all aspects of the Accelerator
● Develop a robust education program that will support each team’s individual
needs, whether in an alpha or beta stage. Includes recruiting mentors,
scheduling classes, sessions on relevant gaming or business topics
● Evaluate potential cohort teams with the management team of the general
partnership with the lens of an experienced games/XR developer
● Provide 1:1 office hours to teams
● Analyze cohort’s performance and make recommendations for follow-on
investments in existing portfolio companies
● Manage the communication process for due diligence methodology, including
writing investment memos.
● Plan and produce Demo Day as the culminating event of each cohort
● Lead support efforts at portfolio companies and advise on various management,
strategy and funding issues
● Facilitate communications with the G4CA Advisory Board to act as strategic
resources to portfolio companies, as appropriate
● Leadership experience running a games/XR studio of 5-10 people or related
business for 5-7 years.
● Versed knowledge of the gaming and XR sectors, including products, trends,
distribution strategies and sophisticated and thoughtful understanding of
● Proven record of successfully bringing products to market
● Well-developed network and established relationships with developers and
researchers with whom the candidate can source and develop deal flow
● Exceptional ability to analyze data effectively, interpret results, and extract data-
● Excellent interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence,including strong
judgement of character
● Demonstrated passion for helping entrepreneurial teams succeed
● Evidence of the candidate’s ability to add value to a startup across
company’s evolution, not simply at the time of investment
● Comfort working independently in a fast-paced startup environment
● Ability to travel both domestically and internationally to represent the Games for
Change Accelerator at conferences and events
● Strategic thinker, creative and efficient problem solver with high energy, positive
attitude and strong work ethic
● Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred Equal Employment
Opportunity Policy Statement
The Games for Change Accelerator is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on age, race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation,or disability.
To Apply: Please send an email with the subject line “G4C Accelerator General Manager” to email@example.com. Please send your resume as an attachment (PDF or Word format)and include your cover letter in the body of the email. We look forward to hearing from you.